Children can either bring their own packed lunch to school or eat a school lunch. School dinners are freshly prepared and cooked each day in our kitchen by the Aspens team.
Since 2014 school lunches are free (Universal Infant Free School Meals) for children in Reception, Year 1 and 2 but must be ordered in advance on our secure online ordering and payment system SELECT. Dinners must be ordered by midnight of the night before. Children in years 3 to 6 will be required to pay £2.30 per day and ordering is as above. Children who receive pupil premium funding do not have to pay for lunches but have to order them on SELECT.
If your child is unwell and not able to come into school, please log in to SELECT and cancel the meal before 9 am that day to receive a refund.
Parents will be provided with a personal SELECT username and login details. There is a link to SELECT below.
Free School Meals for children in Year 3 to 6
You may still be entitled to claim a free school meal for your child if you are in receipt of any of the benefits listed below. If you are eligible, your claim will also ensure your child’s school receives the Pupil Premium funding.
So what is Pupil Premium?
Pupil Premium is a funding given to schools by Central Government. All children whose parents are claiming one of the benefits listed in this leaflet will trigger the Pupil Premium funding for their child’s school.
How will PP Funding help my child?
We can use the extra funding to support your child in a variety of ways including:
- Free Breakfast and/After-School Club
- Free Extra Curricular Clubs
- School Trips subsidy
- Free Musical Instrument Lessons
- Free Uniform
How can my child trigger the extra funding for our school?
You may be eligible if you receive one of the following:
- Income support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (as long as you do not get a Working Tax Credit and your taxable income is less than £16,190)
- Universal Credit
If you are entitled to Working Tax Credit during the four week period immediately after your employment stops, or after you start to work less than 16 hours per week, your child would also be eligible for free school meals for the four week period only.
If your child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they’re in on 31 March 2022.
When do I apply?
You only need to apply once. If you are eligible please apply in the first week of your child starting school in Reception as you will be entitled to the benefits that the funding provides. Circumstances change all the time and should your family receive any of the above, funding can be applied for then.
How do I apply?
Please see Emily Palmer in the office who will help you apply online.
What happens next?
- The Council will check if you are entitled or not
- You will receive a letter with the outcome
- The school will be informed and your children will receive Free School Meals
- The School will look at your child’s learning needs and discuss with you what extra support we can offer.
Your child will be given preference for places in before and after school activities and can attend for Free!